If everyone were to contribute one item or their time, attend the gala, bid on items, bring a guest to bid on items, and or buy a few raffle tickets, our auction could be a fruitful fundraiser and another fabulous success!
What is the Gala?
The best party ever! It is also a very important fundraising opportunity for our school – the PA raises 30% of the total funds needed at this one event. The majority of the funds are raised from the silent auction.
Who should I ask for auction donations?
First, think if you can donate something yourself, next think about your close friends and family and finally think about your community. A personal ask will always work best. Whenever possible try to ask face to face. However, an email can work too, particularly when you are asking a friend.
What types of items are you looking for?
We always have a full range of items, here are some examples but don’t be limited to these ideas – we are open to all sorts of items. Feel free to ask us about an item if you aren’t sure if it’s a good fit.
- Food and wine – restaurant certificates, wine donations, specialty store certificates and baskets
- Extraordinary experiences – theater tickets, tv show tapings, walk on parts, NYC sites
- Body/mind – massages, yoga classes, personal trainers, acupuncture, therapy, energy work
- Kid-focused – lessons, summer camp, birthday party spots, kid entertainers, birthday cakes
- Beauty/fashion – skin products, designer clothes, jewelry, handbags, mani-pedi, hair treatments
- Trips and rentals – hotels, country house stays, luggage, plane tickets, travel packages
- Services – house cleaning, organizing, legal services, photography sessions, tech services
- Other – original art, hand knit items, life coaching, cooking lessons, museum entrance…
What should I say when asking for an auction item?
- EVCS, a public school in the East Village, is holding its annual fundraising Gala on April 6 (TBD).
- New York City Public Schools are hurting for cash, we expect this will get worse in coming years
- We are raising funds for programs outside of the core curriculum and specifically arts programs, class trips, and building upkeep.
- your donation will go a long way towards supporting this wonderful and inclusive public school and the families will take notice of your donation so it is a win-win!
I have someone who wants to donate, now what?
The donor asks for the PA tax ID. What is it?
The donation is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. The Parent Association Tax ID is # 34-2000781
What if I ask a local place that has already given?
That might happen and it’s ok. If you want to double check, please email: Parents@evcsnyc.org
What if they say no?
Oh well, you can’t get anything without asking. Say thanks and move on.
What if a donor wants to do more?
We love this question, thanks for asking it! If they are a food establishment we are looking for food and drink donations to the event. Feel free to put them in touch with us, they can email: Parents@evcsnyc.org
What if I have a connection but am uncomfortable asking?
We will ask for you – just send an email to Parents@evcsnyc.org and we will take care of it.
Should I ask EVCS teachers and staff to host play dates?
No – we will be hitting them up and want to spare them from multiple asks.
When and where is the Gala?
April 6th at Performance Space NY (formerly PS122) E. 9th St and 1st Ave
Can I invite friends and donors to the Gala?
Yes – everyone is invited! Click here to RSVP. We are hoping to really pack it this year so please spread the word!