Dear EVCS Parents and Guardians,
Week 2 was energized! We hope everyone is getting settled, organized and feeling good about coming to school. Remember to write your child’s names, class, and school on personal belongings that are near and dear, we are setting up a lost and found bin to live in the lobby.
There are important forms we need everyone to complete, if you have done them already, thank you. If not, we need everyone to do so. We are sharing the links again below and thank you in advance for taking the time to fill them out.
- Emergency Contact Blue Cards
d/e/ 1FAIpQLSecIcx6AmktEftTatmvk- UfBatFB444r8_H1wdlE9nPeSzhLA/ viewform?usp=sf_link
- Residency Questionnaire
forms/d/e/ 1FAIpQLSc5ubLGCmh8ecLrqaSImwRG 9RFQf-XKLSTWdbtJ-aPqut2uFw/ viewform?usp=sf_link
- Media Release Form
d/e/1FAIpQLSftmm- gsoTIhnvgymTl3O50Q5vx- iTypVdux6fSGaz_1EV7Vw/ viewform?usp=sf_link
- Income Inquiry Form
– If needed, info Letters are in MyStudent.NYC.
– Our DBN is 01M315.
– If you need your child’s OSIS # please ask their teacher, or the office. Paper copies were sent home to most families, but the preferred method is via the electronic link above
- Covid Consent
– Log into your MyStudent.NYC account and update your consent
– At the top right, click “Manage Account”
– Then select “Consent Forms”
– Click that you have read and agree to consent to in-school testing for your child
– At the bottom of the screen, click “Resubmit”
– If you do not have an account creation code from your school, you can STILL provide your consent right away by clicking “Manage Consent” under “COVID-19 Testing” and filling out your and your child’s information to provide consent.
– printable PDF file is available in ENGLISH, SPANISH, CHINESE other languages here.
Home Devices & Internet Access
In the event of a school closure, we want all students to be ready to learn online. Please make sure you have wifi and a working device to access google classroom. If you currently have a DOE or EVCS device on loan, please make sure it is up and running. If you are in need of a device, please reach out to James.
Daily Health Screening
Everyone must complete the Health Screening Form and take their child’s temperature before leaving for school prior to entering the school yard each day. If you need a thermometer, please let me know!
COVID testing is a crucial part of our layered approach to keeping our community safe and healthy. Every week the DOE will be conducting random testing of 10% of our 1st-5th graders who have provided consent. If your child is in the 1st through 5th grade and you have not already done so, please give your consent now at your child’s NYC Schools Account. But regardless of your child’s grade, we strongly encourage all of our families to have their children tested regularly. Please note that testing is free and easy at NYC Health and Hospitals locations.
Parent Association – First Meeting!
Held Remotely from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 724 9541 3714
Parent involvement is essential. We will meet on a monthly basis and meeting dates will be posted on the PA calendar. Anyone with a child at EVCS is automatically a member of the PA. We hope to see you there!
Held Remotely at 5:30 p.m.
You should have already received a link from your teacher(s). Reach out to them directly if you have not!
Monday, October 11
Indigenous Peoples’ Day
Thursday and Friday, October 14 and 15
EVCS Annual Picture Days
Flyer with details coming soon!
Additional Resources: Please reach out directly to James.
If you believe your child is entitled to 504 accommodations, be sure to read here for important information.
The yard will be open at 8:00 a.m. on Monday – see you then!
Have a restful weekend.