This fall, New York City schools will offer a combination of in-person and remote learning. You can choose from two basic options:
1. 100% Remote Learning: Opt-in to have your child learn 100% remotely (all online, from home). To choose this option for your child, fill out and submit the form below. If you are having difficulties completing this form online, call 311.
2. Combination of In-Person and Remote Learning: Your child can follow their school’s schedule, a mix of in-person days at school, and remote learning days from home. To choose this option, no action is needed. We will be in touch about the EVCS schedule and programming plans in the coming weeks.
For more information on the DOE’s plans for blended learning, please visit the Return to School 2020 pages on the DOE website.
– The deadline to opt in to 100% remote learning is August 7.
– You will have the ability to switch from blended learning to 100% remote learning, or vice versa, on a quarterly basis once the school year starts.
– Many of the details of what the 100% remote option will entail are not known yet, including whether the students in this category will be taught be EVCS teachers, or teachers from a central pool. We are hoping that these details will be made clear well before the August 7 deadline, and we will make sure to turnkey this information to parents as soon as we know, so you can make an informed choice.
Complete this form to opt in to 100% remote learning this fall.