It’s election time all over the town… Our EVCS Parent Association Needs You!
Anyone with a child at EVCS is automatically a member of the Parent Association, welcome to come to monthly meetings, and responsible for approving the PA’s annual budget. But much of the event organizing and fundraising — as well as decisions about what programs to fund — is spearheaded by the PA Executive Board, including elected officers and standing committee chairs.
Elected officers are the president, treasurer, and secretary. A vice-president may also be elected, and/or two people may be elected together as co-presidents. Other offices can be shared, as well. Each officer serves a one-year term, starting July 1; the term limit for each officer position is two consecutive one-year terms.
Here’s how the process works. Nominations for PA officers are being accepted now.
You can nominate any EVCS parent for any position — and you can even nominate yourself.Nominations will be officially closed at 9:00am on Wednesday, May 18, and elections will take place Wednesday, May 18 at the morning PA meeting in the audtitorium.
Nominate any EVCS parent — even yourself — online right now.
Descriptions of each officer position are below:
President (or Co-Presidents)
• presides at all meetings of the association
• is an ex-officio member of all committees
• facilitates Parent Association committees, ensuring they are chaired
• delegates responsibilities to other Parent Association members and encourages meaningful participation in all parent and school activities
• attends all regular meetings of the Presidents’ Council and is a mandatory member of the School Leadership Team
• is one of the eligible signatories on checks
• maintains the official record (minutes) of the proceedings and actions of all association meetings
• prepares notices, agendas, sign-in sheets and materials for distribution at meetings
• prepares and reads the minutes of each association meeting and distributes copies of the minutes for review and approval by the general membership
• maintains custody of the association’s records on school premises
• incorporates all amendments into the bylaws reviews, maintains, and responds to all correspondence addressed to the association
Treasurer (or co-Treasurers)
• responsible for all funds of the association
• maintains an updated record of all income and expenditures on school premises
• is one of the signatories on checks
• presents and provide copies of financial reports at all association meetings
• prepares and provides copies of interim and annual financial reports