General PA Meeting, April 23, 2015, 6pm-7:30pm Auditorium
Approved minutes from last meeting
President had no formal report
- is going to send email to parents regarding new dismissal procedures this week.
- confusing and unsafe due to variability in schedules and last minute changes to daily routine.
- bus and pickup by parent/babysitter/after-school/playdates
- New Protocol
- will triple check weekly schedules
- printed on teacher and para’s clipboard and will write down who picked up
- Wooden blocks from Community Playthings
- interested in developing Tree of Knowing Garden to be more usable for recess and as an early childhood developmental playspace
- support habits of the mind “wonderment and awe”
- Community Playthings vendor – want to purchase set of wooden hollow locking blocks, shed and wheelbarrow
- school used discretionary budget for shed/wheelbarrow
- uses for recess for all grades (groups of 20) and prek/K scheduled times during the day
- each preK and K got wooden trucks from there – quality
- balance is blocks $2600 asking for PA to buy blocks
Dear EVCS families,
AN IMPORTANT NOTE RE FRIDAY, MAY 1:
This half day is NOT a DOE half day – it is only our school. This means that other after school programs will NOT have a half-day pickup at all and will arrive at the regular dismissal time 2:50.
Dismissal will be at 11:30 AM.
The EVCS after school program will have regular Friday programming beginning at 2:50. Any students who are enrolled in the Friday after school program – and any other EVCS students who are not able to coordinate child care between 11:30 and 2:50 – are eligible to sign up for the bridge to after school child care.
If you intend to have your child participate in the bridge,
it is imperative that you REGISTER HERE before Monday, April 27th.
Please let me know if there are any questions.