Dear EVCS Parents and Guardians,
We remain very grateful for your care, communication and collaboration these recent weeks. I am happy to say that we are holding strong in the building. Our PA has a meeting coming up next week on Wednesday, January 19 and we hope more folks will tune in to say hello. Your participation is key to keeping our PA alive and well. The meetings are once a month. This is one place we can be together as a group, share some ‘good’ news and find out what is percolating. I understand the fundraising & events team are working hard to get activities on the calendar not only to lift our spirits but to continue building our community. If you are interested see details below.
Let’s take a look at what else is coming up.
Monday, January 17
MLK Jr. Day – NO School
Wednesday, January 19
General Parent Association Meeting 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Keep an eye out for a meeting link. It will come from our PA, PApresident@evcs.me!
Save the Dates
Monday, January 24
Public Hearing regarding potential merger details and meeting link to follow details
Friday, January 28
EVCS PA Fundraising Committee plans to get rolling again!
If you are interested in getting involved, or want to learn more please join us.
The Roost Friday, January 28, following drop off at 8:45 a.m. See you there!
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Tuesday, February 1
Lunar New Year – No School
Wednesday, February 2
EVCS Virtual School Tour for Prospective Families, 5:00 p.m.
Please feel free to share out if anyone is interested RSVP HERE
Wednesday, February 16
Panel for Educational Policy Meeting, 6:00 p.m.
Meeting link to follow
STAY SAFE• STAY OPEN•
Maintaining a strong, healthy community is our goal!
- We strongly encourage the COVID-19 vaccination for all age-eligible students. Get more information about where to get vaccinated by using vaccinefinder.nyc.gov or calling 877-VAX-4-NYC. Remember: If your child is fully vaccinated they will not be required to quarantine after contact with a positive case.
- If your child is already vaccinated, be sure to record their vaccination status in the DOE’s COVID-19 Vaccination Portal. Liz walks you through how to do that in this quick tutorial video. Reach out to Liz (EWanttaja@schools.nyc.gov) if you need any help!
- Let’s continue to keep our building as safe and healthy as we can.
School Accounts – Overview and Access
• If your child tests positive, please notify us immediately. Email your teacher(s) and email@example.com so that we can ensure the health, safety, and continued learning for all of our students.
• The LabQ Van will be set up twice a week on our block for the next few weeks. It is free and easy to use. There is no penalty if you take your kids to be tested, we will not mark them late. Windows are open, ventilators are on, kids are masked. Testing for COVID-19 is one of the best ways to prevent transmission. Tuesdays & Thursdays 8am-4pm
• Please be sure to wear appropriate gear to school. We get outside every day, weather permitting. It might be a good idea to keep a spare pair of pants & socks on hand for slushy days, you can send a pair along in the backpack!
Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
Any NYC Public school family can get up to $50 monthly internet credit.
Read about it here.
Monthly Federal Discount On Internet Service
Available To All NYC Public School Families For details click here
After School Resources can be found on our website at this link.
The 14th Street Y (fee based program) has a deadline for Spring, Monday January 24th
Reach out to James if you have specific questions.