SAVE THE DATE
Third Street Music School is hosting its annual open house on Sunday, May 22nd, from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. at its building on 235 East 11th Street near 2nd Avenue. Partner School Students ages 6 (by December 31, 2016) to 14 will be able to meet teachers, try out instruments, and apply for free and reduced-rate group classes for the fall.
A $40 non-refundable application fee per family, paid by cash or check, is due at the time of application. Interested children must attend the event and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. The program is open to children age six (by December 2016) to fourteen, who have never been enrolled at Third Street. Placement is not guaranteed; every effort will be made to place each child in one of his or her activity choices.
Parners@3rd classes are tuition-free for students during the first year of instruction at Third Street. Second year instruction is discounted, and financial aid is available for years three and beyond.
Questions? Call Student Services, 212-777-3240, extension 17
Parents and Children, visit rooms anytime between 5:00 and 7:00pm.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Each classroom will display work for parents to see and there will be an activity planned for you and your child to do together. Please visit as many or as few rooms as you like!
PreKindergarten Rooms 201 and 203
• Play Plans will be on display for all to read.
• Play the game “I have, who has” to imagine together.
Kindergarten Rooms 202 and 204
• Block buildings, writing associated with the Bird Study, and art projects will be shown in the classrooms.
• Build with blocks and practice ways to encourage, question, and push your child to think more flexibly.
First Grade Rooms 401 and 403
• Neighborhood study presentations will be on display.
• Build with blocks as you strive for accuracy and precision together.
Second Grade Rooms 402 and 404
• Writing types and Lenape study art projects will be on display.
• Play chess together as you think flexibly and persist! Continue reading