Dear Parents and Guardians,
Only 20 school days left until Spring break, let’s make each one count!
Monday, March 13
5th Grade Bake Sale
Tuesday, March 14th
Friday, March 24
Tuesday, March 28 – Thursday, March 30
This month Discounted tickets to the Int’l Children’s Film Festival 2017
will run for the next four weekends! Make your plans to catch the best new films for ages 3-18. Even better, our school receives a $3 discount on all tickets!
Celebrate the best new international films through the Festival’s wildly popular short film programs – Short Films One (recommended ages 5-10) and Short Films Two (recommended ages 8-14). Plus, don’t miss out on brand new feature films and Festival Flashback –
- Rudolf the Black Cat (Japan, recommended ages 7+) – Rudolph strays from his comfortable like in Gifu, Japan to explore nearby Tokyo and discovers far more than he dreamed imaginable
- Mr. Frog (Netherlands, recommended ages 7+) – Every time students say the word “frog,” Sita’s teacher goes a bit green at the gills. Hop over to a screening of Mr. Frog and find out why!
- Plus – Festival Flashback: Panda! Go Panda! – This Totoro precursor comes from the legendary team that formed Studio Ghibli (with original concepts and character designs by Hayao Miyazaki) and is seriously fun as seven year-old Mimoko gets more than she bargains for when Papa Panda and baby Panny show up at her door
Want a 30 second sneak-peak of the fest? Check out the trailer HERE.
To buy tickets with our discount code, simply:
- Go to http://nyicff.org/tickets/
- Enter code 17SCHD
- Purchase tickets
Voila! Save $3 off each ticket you purchase!
Hello EVCS Families,
After-School Spring Semester registration is Open!
Follow this link http://evcsnyc.org/afterschool-mmcc/ for class list/ descriptions and sign-up instructions. (Program registration is through the Mosholu website) if you have registration problems and questions please email Ruth Moore at RMOORE@mmcc.org and ‘CC’ Camille Marlow firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign-up ends Monday Feb 20th. The Spring Semester begins Monday February 27th – first day back after Mid-Winter break.
Spring Gala Auction- April 29th- needs Auction Items!
Planning is underway with weekly meetings every Thursday morning after drop-off in the lunchroom.
Right now The Gala needs donations of items for the auction! Click here for solicitation letters, donation forms and solicitation tips.
This is the PA’s biggest fundraiser and accounts for 1/3 of our budget. A budget that pays for and greatly supports much of the creative, enriching programs at our little school. Help us make this, EVCS’ 30th anniversary year, a giant whopping success by bringing in giant whopping auction items!
The PA Executive Board needs a Co-Treasurer! Continue reading
Hello EVCS Families,
This Wednesday, 2/15, is our General PA meeting! Please join us in the auditorium 8:40 AM. We’ll have the coffee!
Some of the highlights:
• Announcements and Updates from Principal Bradley and parent Coordinator James
• After-school schedule and registration Q and A.
• Spring Gala Auction Q and A
• Community Action Committee reorganization
• CEC1 elections coming soon
• A lively tribute to Prince by Bruno Mars.
And while we’ve got your eyeballs:
The Jubilee’s Summer Camp (online) Auction ends this Wednesday! 2/15! at 11pm!.
Bid here. Score spectacular summer plans for your kids while supporting the school and all the great stuff that goes on here.
The Spring Gala is coming soon – April 29th!
This is our biggest fundraiser of the year, and we need auction items of all kinds! Link here for solicitation letters, donation forms and answers to questions. Join the planning committee Thursday mornings just after drop off in the lunchroom.
The PA Exec Board