If everyone were to contribute one item or their time, attend the gala, bid on items, bring a guest to bid on items, and or buy a few raffle tickets, our auction could be a fruitful fundraiser and another fabulous success!
What is the Gala?
The best party ever! It is also a very important fundraising opportunity for our school – the PA raises 30% of the total funds needed at this one event. The majority of the funds are raised from the silent auction.
Who should I ask for auction donations?
First, think if you can donate something yourself, next think about your close friends and family and finally think about your community. A personal ask will always work best. Whenever possible try to ask face to face. However, an email can work too, particularly when you are asking a friend.
What types of items are you looking for?
We always have a full range of items, here are some examples but don’t be limited to these ideas – we are open to all sorts of items. Feel free to ask us about an item if you aren’t sure if it’s a good fit.
- Food and wine – restaurant certificates, wine donations, specialty store certificates and baskets
- Extraordinary experiences – theater tickets, tv show tapings, walk on parts, NYC sites
- Body/mind – massages, yoga classes, personal trainers, acupuncture, therapy, energy work
- Kid-focused – lessons, summer camp, birthday party spots, kid entertainers, birthday cakes
- Beauty/fashion – skin products, designer clothes, jewelry, handbags, mani-pedi, hair treatments
- Trips and rentals – hotels, country house stays, luggage, plane tickets, travel packages
- Services – house cleaning, organizing, legal services, photography sessions, tech services
- Other – original art, hand knit items, life coaching, cooking lessons, museum entrance…
What should I say when asking for an auction item?
- EVCS, a public school in the East Village, is holding its annual fundraising Gala on April 28
- New York City Public Schools are hurting for cash, we expect this will get worse in coming years
- We are raising funds for programs outside of the core curriculum and specifically arts programs, class trips, and building upkeep.
- your donation will go a long way towards supporting this wonderful and inclusive public school and the families will take notice of your donation so it is a win-win!
I have someone who wants to donate, now what?
The donor asks for the PA tax ID. What is it?
The donation is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. The Parent Association Tax ID is # 34-2000781
What if I ask a local place that has already given?
That might happen and it’s ok. If you want to double check, please email: Parents@evcsnyc.org
What if they say no?
Oh well, you can’t get anything without asking. Say thanks and move on.
What if a donor wants to do more?
We love this question, thanks for asking it! If they are a food establishment we are looking for food and drink donations to the event. Feel free to put them in touch with us, they can email: Parents@evcsnyc.org
What if I have a connection but am uncomfortable asking?
We will ask for you – just send an email to Parents@evcsnyc.org and we will take care of it.
Should I ask EVCS teachers and staff to host play dates?
No – we will be hitting them up and want to spare them from multiple asks.
When and where is the Gala?
April 28, 2018, From 7:00 PM – 11:30 PM at The Grand Hall of St. Mary’s Church at 440 Grand Street.
Can I invite friends and donors to the Gala?
Yes – everyone is invited! Click here to RSVP. We are hoping to really pack it this year so please spread the word!