How do I register for AfterSchool@EVCS?
Registration is open via MMCC’s website.
If a class is oversubscribed you will be placed on the waitlist and you will not be charged. If room opens up we will enroll you automatically in the class you selected. Otherwise you can request a different class that has room.
There is a maximum enrollment for each class, which has been established in order for your child to enjoy the full benefits of the class. These maximum enrollment numbers are not negotiable. Please do not ask our instructors to make an exception for your child.
How will I know if my child got into a class?
You will receive a receipt from Active Networks upon completion of your registration. If you do not hear from AfterSchool coordinators after that, you can assume the class is on.
What if my child’s class is cancelled?
Classes that do not meet their minimum number of students will be cancelled. In the event that should happen, we will contact you to see if you wish to enroll your child in another class that is available. If you do not wish to move into another class, your fee will be refunded.
How do children get to their classes?
PreK and K students stay in their classrooms when the rest of their classmates are dismissed. They have a snack and then are met by AfterSchool instructors to be brought to their AfterSchool class. AfterSchool dismissal is also from their assigned classroom. Parents and caregivers are asked to come upstairs to get their kids.
Older students are brought to the cafeteria at dismissal. They have snack there and then go with their instructors to the room where their class is held. Dismissal from AfterSchool is in the lobby for all students 1st through 5th.
What are the attendance and dismissal policies?
- Students are only permitted to attend the class they are registered for. We cannot allow students to try out different classes. If you would like to make a change after the semester has begun, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your child is IN school, but you are picking up your child early, and your child will NOT attend their AfterSchool class, please SIGN YOUR CHILD OUT in the School Office.
- Please notify our AfterSchool Coordinator in the cafeteria if you pick up your child unexpectedly at school dismissal. DO NOT leave the school without letting us know your child will not be attending their class.
- Your child must be in 4th grade or above (school rule) to be dismissed unescorted. You MUST provide a note to EACH AfterSchool class teacher giving your permission for your child to leave school unattended. When registering for classes, you will be given a form to fill out letting us know who else has permission to pick up your child. All people picking up Pre-K-3 students must be at least 16 years of age.
- If your child is absent or sent home from school due to illness, he or she CANNOT attend EVCS AfterSchool on that day.
- STAFF OFTEN REFERS TO EVCS DAY SCHOOL ATTENDANCE IN ORDER TO TRACK STUDENT ON SITE. CHRONIC AND UNEXPLAINED ABSENTEEISM MAY RESULT IN YOUR CHILD NOT BEING PERMITTED TO CONTINUE WITH THE AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM.
What if I’m late picking up my child?
Classes end promptly at 5:00 pm. It’s very important you be on time to pick up your child. If you are more than 10 minutes late picking up your child from his or her class, you will be charged $10. For the AfterCare session (from 5:00 – 5:55 p.m.), you will be charged $10 for every 10 minutes that you are late.
Please inform AfterSchool about any and all medical and academic information that will help your child have a safe and rewarding AfterSchool experience. While AfterSchool is NOT subject to the same policies and requirements of EVCS day school, this should include notifying us about IEP or special servicing needs. AfterSchool has limited resources and can not provide the same or similar accommodations as EVCS but we will do our best to work with your family wherever possible.
CHRONIC TARDINESS WILL RESULT IN YOUR CHILD NOT BEING PERMITTED TO CONTINUE WITH THE AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM.
Can I get a refund or credit?
In order for our program to remain financially viable, fees paid at registration for all EVCS AfterSchool Classes are NOT refundable unless you do not get the class you requested or the entire class session has been cancelled. If your chosen class turns out not to be a good fit for your child, we will work with you to find a better option. No refunds will be given if your child drops out of a class. Please choose your classes with care.
What if my child is disruptive during the class?
The expectations of behavior during classes is the same as that of the school day. If your child is consistently disruptive, changes in club participation may need to be made at the discretion of the after-school coordinator and committee.
Where do classes take place?
Classes will be held in the school building. Some class instructors may venture outside of the school grounds for a specific project or activity. In this event, parents will be given a consent form to sign giving permission for their child to leave the school grounds.
Do classes run on half days?
EVCS AfterSchool will run on half days. Except for Pre-K only half-days, children will be accommodated from 11:30 am – 3:00 pm until regular AfterSchool classes begin. The interim classes are often specialized and include a movement activity as well as a creative/thinking or reflective activity. The cost of these half-day classes is $42 ($12/hour) and will have a separate sign-up procedure. Only families enrolled in the EVCS AfterSchool program will be eligible to participate.
What if I have read all of this and I still have questions?
Please e-mail the AfterSchool Coordinator at email@example.com.