Anyone with a child at EVCS is automatically a member of the Parent Association, encouraged to attend monthly meetings and responsible for approving the PA’s annual budget. Much of the event organizing and fundraising — as well as decisions about what programs to fund — is spearheaded by the PA Executive Board, made up of elected officers and standing committee chairs.
Elected officers are the President, Treasurer, and Secretary. A Vice-President may also be elected, or two people may serve as Co-Presidents. Other offices can be shared, as well. Each officer serves a one-year term, starting July 1; the term limit for each officer position is two consecutive one-year terms.
Here’s how the process works. Nominations for PA officers are being accepted now through the next morning general PA meeting on May 20th. You can nominate any EVCS parent for any position — you can even nominate yourself. Elections will take place at the May 20th PA morning meeting.
You can submit nominations using the form that will be distributed in the coming weeks; in person at the April 23rd PA meeting; or go to this online form.
Nominate any EVCS parent — even yourself — online right now.
Descriptions of each officer position are below:==========
President (or Co-Presidents)
* presides at all meetings of the association
* is an ex-officio member of all committees
* appoints chairpersons to Parent Association committees
* delegates responsibilities to other Parent Association members and encourages meaningful participation in all parent and school activities
* attends all regular meetings of the Presidents’ Council and is a mandatory member of the School Leadership Team
* is one of the eligible signatories on checks
* maintains the official record (minutes) of the proceedings and actions of all association meetings
* prepares notices, agendas, sign-in sheets and materials for distribution at meetings
* prepares and reads the minutes of each association meeting and distributes copies of the minutes for review and approval by the general membership
* maintains custody of the association’s records on school premises
* incorporates all amendments into the bylaws reviews, maintains, and responds to all correspondence addressed to the association
* responsible for all financial affairs and funds of the association
* maintains an updated record of all income and expenditures on school premises
* is one of the signatories on checks
* presents and provide copies of financial reports at all association meetings
* prepares and provides copies of interim and annual financial reports